Taco Dip1 cup sour cream
1 - 8 oz package cream cheese
3 - 4 tomatoes (or 1 pint cherry tomatoes)
1 green pepper (or the equivalent in multi-coloured peppers)
1 bunch green onions
1 bottle mild taco sauce*
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon (or more!)
1. Mix sour cream and cream cheese until well blended. Spread in the bottom of a 10" pie plate.
2. Chop tomatoes and spread over base.
3. Chop pepper and spread over tomatoes.
4. Cut up green onions and spread over the peppers.
5. Pour the taco sauce over everything. You will want to dot it over the whole thing and then spread it around a bit with the back of a spoon.
*Taco sauce is pricey. I take some medium salsa and blend it with my immersion blender. I spread that over top. See below. It works well and tastes good. My mom just puts salsa on it and that works too.
6. Sprinkle your cheese over that and then your bacon.
7. Serve with your favourite tortilla chips. So yummy!