14.3.15

Giant Rainbow Quilt - Pattern Testing

I recently had the privilege of testing a quilt pattern for Susan of Crafterhours fame.  Lots of fun!


I made mine a twin size quilt for my oldest, Ben (14).  He picked out the fabrics, all from Windham Fabrics (thank you!!)  The rainbow, binding and backing fabrics are from the Broken Stripes line and the gray is a cross-weave.  The print fabrics were great to work with but the cross-weave is amazing.  A totally different look than printed quilting cotton.  I can't wait to get my hands on some more!


The pattern turned out great.  I worked with a great team of ladies who all tested the pattern, gave feedback and in turn Susan changed and tweaked the pattern so it's worth it.  Buy it here.


I had fun taking these photos at the Blue Heron Reserve with my kids.  Though the older two were rather embarrassed by the whole thing.  So they are getting tall enough to hold my quilts but not they don't want to.  Hmm... must find tall friends I think.


This photo shows the crazy back.  It really was  a crazy fabric pick by Ben but I think it turned out rather well in the end.  If you want to see what the other testers came up with look over here.


And if you are ever visiting Chilliwack, BC, the Great Blue Heron Reserve is a wonderful place to spend some time in God's creation.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Alisa,
    I looked at the other tester's quilts and I love yours the best. I am attracted to brights and I am confused why so many testers would make a rainbow quilt with lights. They still look nice but not nearly as natural as a bright one would. Way to go Ben!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So can I be your friend :) I think I'm tall enough ;)
    Love the first photo of the quilt with the colors all around.
    Fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to the blog - is it no longer active?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos...and what a glorious quilt!

    ReplyDelete