10.12.09

Note Taker

Remember I said I wasn't going to make any gifts? I changed my mind.

I made this Note Taker for a gift exchange this past Friday night. We had to find something in our house or make something. It couldn't cost you money (obviously it could have cost money in the past.)





The outside is pretty boring. It took some restraint not to make this note taker with some bright and beautiful colours. It had to be a gender-neutral gift. Boring.



This was a fun and easy pattern to follow. It came together great. I made the smaller version for a 5x8 inch notepad. I'd love to try the larger version one day too. It was a tad flimsy for my liking but I didn't use Timtex, just a knock-off. Where do I find Timtex or a reasonable substitute? Maybe I'll just use 2 layers next time. Hmmmm...

I can say that I'm happy I have the sewing machine that I have (Janome 6600.) It went through all of the layers with ease.

You can buy the pattern here. No, I'm not affiliated, just pleased with the pattern. Kathy is a great lady too!

6 comments:

  1. That is very cool! I like what you did and the fabrics you used...

    I am making a couple of journal covers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not boring in the least Alisa! This is fabulous, you did a fantastic job. I absolutely adore the contrasting stitching on the spine, I'm going to make some this weekend and I love that detail! I have a Janome 6600 as well, they are wonderful machines :) xo Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great! Good idea and everyone could use one. Who wouldn't want some style when using notepaper? Good job! And, thanks for entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete