18.7.11

All Together



For those who know us a bit you know that Suzanne and I don't live near each other. Suzanne lives near Edmonton, Alberta and I live in the Fraser Valley, British Columbia. So you can imagine that we were really looking forward to being together for almost 3 weeks this summer. It gives us immeasurable joy to see our children playing together and getting to know each other better.



Today was painting day. I had picked up some wooden frames at Michaels a few weeks ago; one for each of our children. They were only $1 each. I have some cheap acrylic paints from the Dollar Store. We put paint shirts on all the kids so their shirts wouldn't get (too) stained and away they went.



We threw out a few ideas but they each did their own. Sometimes we (the moms) found it hard to keep our hands off and not help.







When they were dry I sprayed them with a craft varnish so they are all nice and shiny. I plan to put my kids photos in them and hang them up by the piano in my house. If I remember I'll take a photo when they are up.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I know my kids love seeing anything they make hung up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea. You are so blessed to have such lovely families! Hope Suzanne is keeping well. She must be getting close to having a little baby. My SIL lives about half an hour away and we regularly get together with the boys (4 boys under 4) and they all absolutely love it. Cousins are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun! It's nice the cousins have a few weeks to get to know each other again. Have a great time visiting!
    anne

    ReplyDelete