28.10.13

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Going in Circles

My favourite quilt I've made this past year is the quilt I made for my sister and her new husband for their wedding.


I had a vision.  I bought the fabric.  I got going on it and it actually turned out how I wanted it to.  That doesn't always happen.


I had so much fun making this quilt.  I had wanted to make Drunkard's Path Blocks for some time and had pinned a bunch of quilts in this style.  I decided on a colour scheme similar to their wedding colours with the addition of gray and yellow.


The quilting took forever, but it was totally worth it.


For the back I used up some pieces of fabric I've had in my stash.  I especially love the keys fabric but I've had it on my shelf for about 4 years and haven't used it yet, so it was time to use it!


Thanks for stopping by!  I am looking forward to my cup of coffee and looking at some quilts this afternoon.


And thank you to Amy at Amy's Creative Side for hosting the Blogger's Quilt Festival!

16 comments:

  1. Great job!! So many fabrics in there that I love - and your piecing is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt! I love the fabrics. I'm sure they loved this special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the colors/fabrics you used in this quilt! So cozy looking. Love the scrappy back too--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cuddle in this every morning with my cup of tea :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colors, those blocks aren't fast, and the quilting is FAB. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous. The quilting makes such a great secondary pattern as well. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! I love your quilting you added!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see this one again Alisa. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love this. :D Circles really float my boat right now, and the blues and oranges with the florals mixed all together are so pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt! Beautiful! The quilting is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design an ssothing colors. Lovely finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I love the colors and the quilting rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work! The circle quilting is perfect for the design and I love the colors you chose--very bold!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This quilt is amazing! Visiting from Blogathon Canada

    ReplyDelete