2.5.12

Oliver & S Bear Carrier

For Carolin and Zachary's birthday I made them each a bear carrier from the Oliver & S Little Things to Sew book. It is a great little pattern that came together quite easily.

She did her own hair.

The kids like to carry their bears or dolls to the mailbox and around the house.


The only change I made was to use snaps rather than velcro.  This was based solely on laziness.  For me, snaps are easier than velcro.


The criss cross back.


She also wrote on her hands.  Love this girl!
The Oliver & S Little Things to Sew book has got to be my favourite sewing book to date.  I have made quite a few projects and hope to make more.

Next week (or the next) I plan to review one of their new patterns.

Have a good day!

12 comments:

  1. those are so cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seen them at the birthday party...sooo cute! I'll have to come by one day and get you to show me how :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is on my wishlist over to amazon....hopefully i can get it soon. you are selling me on all these great projects. the carriers look so cute. i love it when my kids use what i make them so this must feel great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those kids, and the hair and the doodling! oh and the carriers, nice idea!
    kg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute and professional! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job on the hair :) The carriers are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea! SO cute and the kids look proud as punch to be carrying their teddies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great! Makes me want to make some too sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are just so cute!! what a fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for the comments on the bear carriers. I am so behind on replying to comments, I give up! So thanks. And for the record it wasn't my idea - it's in the Oliver & S book. Which I highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete