17.9.09

Life around here

Here are some tidbits from the last week or so...

Last week was the first week of school. A big adjustment for all of us. Early mornings and long days... The kids are loving it but also noticing that they just don't have enough time to do all the things they want to at home :-( Here they are...grade 1 and Kindergarten (how did they get to be so big anyway?)
I got a whole bunch of small apples from my neighbour. Last month I made a batch of apple sauce and this time I tried apple juice. It turned out pretty good but I think I'll have to tweak the recipe a bit. And a little sewing... I tried my hand at a receiving blanket like Alisa has done. It makes a great baby gift! I found a great tutorial for cutting strips for binding. I was trying to fold my meter into a square on my little table (I'm getting a bigger one soon!) and it just wasn't working and this was easier than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment