23.6.10

Summer Time Fun Quilt



I started this quilt back in February. I finally got it quilted and bound. Four months isn't too bad, I suppose.



My inspiration for the colours and shapes of this quilt was actually a gift bag. You know, the kind you put presents in. I thought I had a photo of it, but I can't seem to find it. Now that the quilt is finished it looks nothing like the inspiration, but that's kind of how it goes.



Do you like Mr. Owl in the centre of the quilt? I do. It's my favourite part!



I really enjoyed making this quilt. The colours are so happy and fun. And so very summer. You know, here on the west coast of Canada we haven't had too much summer yet. We haven't hit 30 degrees and we haven't needed to put out the kiddie pool or the sprinkler. So the quilt is saying summer for us.



The backing. I have had this fabric in my stash for over 8 years. Just waiting. It is not 100% cotton, but it is good quality and worked so well with the top that I just had to use it.



The binding. A beautiful shade of plum. Or purple. Call it how you want it, I love the colour and I think it ties it all together. It has also been sitting in my stash for the longest time.



After much deliberation I have decided to list it for sale in my newly formed etsy shop - Busy Quilt Mom. Will it sell? Probably not, but I'm going to try anyway.

I love all kinds of sewing but nothing compares to finishing a quilt that you love. It's a great feeling! What about you - what's your favourite kind of finish?

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a magnificent finish! I love it! And I really think it will sell to some lucky person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful quilt! I cannot imagine that it won't sell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahhhh! "I want that quilt," was the first thing that went through my mind when I saw it - I can't believe you've put it up for sale. Wonder if I can get my birthday money a month early?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt. It will be sold before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm sure it will sell faster than you think, how could it not? it's absolutely amazing!!! and the story behind it (using long time fabrics) is great. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. Any chance that you would write out and sell the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quilt. It's gorgeous!!! Congratulations on your new little shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilt. Do you have a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete