3.8.10

Our dear sister Karen

Alisa and I have a wonderful younger sister named Karen. 13 and 10 years younger to be exact and we love her dearly. It's been very fun for us to see her start sewing and beginning love to fabric too! She loved sewing class in high school and even got the opportunity to help with the grade 8's. She just graduated this year and won the dogwood scholarship for her textile portfolio!! Included in it was a quilt she made and both of us got to work with her on it.

Alisa had fun going on the fabric hunt and taught her how to cut and piece.
When she came for a visit last Thanksgiving she worked on it at my place and got the top all pieced together.
And then she quilted it on Alisa's wonderful (oops got that wrong) her own machine :)
It turned out beautifully!

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt !! Well done to karen (and the big sisters who helped).

    Can you tell me the name of the gorgeous line of fabric used???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is beautiful and a marvelous job! I'll second the inquiry about the line of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the name of the line...Karen can you help me?

    I do know it's made for Fabricland in Canada so it might not be available anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete