15.8.11

It's been a long time....

...since I've posted anything on this blog!  We had a wonderful time visiting family in July and then had company here at our place once we were home.  It's been a busy and fun summer so far - hard to believe that the kids go back to school in a few weeks and only a couple short weeks after that we hope to meet our new little one!

Before we left for BC I finished a new bag for myself.  It's Amy Butler's Frenchy Bag pattern.
I really like how it turned out.  I used canvas from Fabricland (which seams to be thicker that what I've seen in the quilt store) instead of interfacing and I love the feel and weight of it.

Instead of making two dividers inside I made one and added a zipper pocket.
And a few pictures from our summer...


 Mount Robson
 Cousins
 the 3 sisters


 Lots of holding kittens
 An elk on the way home
 Learning to knit from Oma

3 comments:

  1. I really like that print you used in the Frenchy bag! And great pic of you three ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great summer and I love your bag!

    ReplyDelete