18.1.12

A Quilt For Life

Last March, at my yearly quilt retreat, we collaboratively put together a baby quilt for our local pro-life society. It was quite fun to see it come together. Those who wanted to could bring a block along and one of the quilters (my sister-in-law) put the top together at the retreat. My job was to quilt, bind and deliver it. I had wanted to do it right away but life got in the way (sold house, appendectomy, packing, sprained ankle, moving, unpacking, summer holidays...) In September I wanted to finish it up and get it delivered but I couldn't find it. That's right. I could not find it anywhere. How could I have just lost a quilt top? I was just going to have to make a completely new quilt instead. And soon, as I couldn't very well go to this years retreat without having finished that up!


But last week when I was cleaning out my sewing room I found it!  I was very happy to say the least.


I quilted and bound it up on Saturday.  This is the first time I've done a machine binding that actually looks really good and professional.  I might even do a little tutorial on it.

I really like this quilt and I hope it makes a mom (and baby) happy!  Every child is special and is known by a loving God.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt...and for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you found it! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must feel so great to have found and finished it!
    I'll take that little tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool to see it! Ahhhh quilt retreat can't wait!!!!!!! I hear relaxation in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not too often you can use snow as your background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a perfect background, isn't it? And today it'll all melt away.

      Delete
  6. It's beautiful Alisa, I'm so glad you found it!! Can't wait for this years retreat - I've been looking forward to it - oh since March perhaps?!?

    ReplyDelete