7.3.12

Baby Shower Bunting


I'm organizing a baby shower (with someone else) to be held at my house tomorrow night.  I've wanted to make a bunting for a long time so I finally made one!


This idea is obviously not my own, but I just made up my own thing instead of following a tutorial.  You see, I am lazy and didn't want to sew the triangles right sides together and have to turn them all and iron them all so I just sew them together wrong sides together and then pinked the edges.  It works for something that will never get washed anyway.


I made it gender neutral so that it can be used for more church baby showers.  I love this combination of colours so I love the finished bunting!


Now to make a birthday bunting before Carolin and Zachary's birthday in April.  I will.  I will.  Hold me to it, okay?

10 comments:

  1. I love it! Was it scraps that you coordinated, or did you buy it for this? I wish I were better at coordinating fabrics - or maybe that I had a better variety of cottons in my stash...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura – It’s all in my stash. You know a good trick for coordinating some prints. Use a multi-coloured print that you like. Pick all or some of the colours from that print and use them all together. Chances are if they work in a print, they will work outside of that too. When I buy fabrics for my stash I buy mostly prints that ‘read’ one colour, rather than multi-coloured or novelty prints. Novelty prints are fun (and fun to buy) but can’t be mixed with many other prints. Maybe this will help? Have a good afternoon. I’ve got to get back to my readying my house for a baby shower! Alisa

      Delete
  2. So cute! Never knew this is called a bunting. Learned something new today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I'll hold you to it if you hold me to making one by May, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems the pressure of the baby shower (which I'm looking forward too) has made you get this one done......so I have confidence that you'll get the birthday one done too! I can ask you weekly if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Alisa! So nice using it over and over again! If you don't get your birthday banner done you can always borrow mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope I get it done, Ashley, but if I don't I may be calling you at 8:00 in the morning on April 19! :-)

      Delete
  6. Very cute! I need to try this too. Right now I am using an old paper letter banner from the thrift store (I had to remove "65th" from in between "happy" and "birthday") Pitiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alisa,
    I wouldn't call that lazy - I would call that genius!! I'm going to make one like that next week - thanks for the great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute! I did one for chantelle's room a while back and pinked the edges too

    ReplyDelete