18.9.12

Patchwork Glory!

 Once upon a time, Alisa sent Suzanne some scraps leftover from her Freebird Quilt.  The idea was to have a pillow swap.  Alisa would make Suzanne a pillow for her living room (though she didn't send over scraps) and Suzanne would make Alisa a pillow for hers.  The story has a happy ending. Alisa made Suzanne a pillow and Suzanne made a gorgeous one for Alisa.

But that's not the end of the story.  Suzanne secretly stashed the rest of those itty bitty scraps in order to make Alisa another pillow for her birthday.  Which she did, though just a tad after the fact.  :-)  But that's okay because Alisa was so pleased and surprised it made it all worth it.  Her living room has never been so matchy-matchy.


Pillow fits a 12" pillow form.


Here you can see it with the first pillow Suzanne made me.


Patchwork Glory!

(Good thing it's 6 months to Suzanne's birthday.)

Edit from Suzanne:
You're welcome, Alisa!!  For those interested, it was made using this technique from Oh, Fransson!  I started with 1 1/2" squares.  The best part of the project is that out of all the scraps Alisa gave me there is only one piece of orange and a small scrap of solid brown left!  So satisfying to use all those tiny little pieces :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so gorgeous! They both are a work of art! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful, and I love that fabric line. It's what I used for the Frankie quilt I made a little while back for my parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. What a great technique for teeny tiny piecing.

    ReplyDelete