26.3.13

Another Quilt at the Ranch

I am pleased that this quilt is finally finished.


It was a glorious day at the ranch yesterday and I was happy to be able to take some photos in the sun!  The  sun has been scarce in these parts lately so it was so very good to wander around outdoors.


Now that I am finished this beast I don't really even want to talk about it, just sleep under it.  But I will tell you some details.
The majority of the fabric is from a line called Bella by Lotta Jansdotter.
Quilt measures 96 x 104 before washing and drying.


The backing is a combination of two thrifted sheets.


These are my helpers.  The risked their lives for this photo shoot. :-)


They just fell over and are laughing pretty hard.




My binding is a bias binding in Kona Ash.  I sewed it on completely by machine.  I also machine quilted it myself with not so straight lines.  But you can't tell when it's all washed up.


Nothing says country like a quilt folded up on a woodpile with barbed wire behind it right?
(I don't live here, I only wish I did.)


By the river.  That's still snow beside the river.


Have I showed you enough photos?


My quilts behave much better on photos than my children do.  Just saying.
See my other quilt at the ranch here.

One last thing...

It's Suzanne's birthday today!  Happy Birthday, Suzanne - hope your day is good!

12 comments:

  1. I love the picture with the boys!
    Happy Birthday Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Suzanne!

    The quilt looks great and you had such a nice day for taking pictures outside.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Suzanne!
    Alisa, you did a wonderful job on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt and photo shoot, Alisa! I must admit I'm a bit jealous of that lovely weather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your photos Alisa! I must feel great to be finished such a big project.
    And happy birthday Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out lovely! What's the size? Either it's really big, or your kids are younger than I thought... lol

    Happy Birthday, Suzanne - looking forward to seeing you later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Alisa! I do have to laugh at your "that's still snow beside the river"

    Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone! I get to spend my evening with some quilty friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Suzanne! Have fun tonight:)
    Alisa, I can't believe you are already done your quilt. It's beautiful!
    Love that you're at the ranch. Have a good time with your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great Alisa! And happy birthday Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Suzanne!
    Beautiful pictures, Alisa! Your boys look like regular cowboys. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to know how you managed to quilt the beautiful beast! It's lovely! But huge. The thought of it would intimidate me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Golllleeeeee ... Gotta say this is a beaut!

    ReplyDelete