21.10.09

A Fall Skirt

Last weekend (a week and a half ago now) was our Canadian Thanksgiving and because of the holiday and a few other days off of school, my younger sister Karen was able to visit for a few days. We had a great time and got to sew together! I think it's a first. She was working on her first quilt and finished the top while I was working on a skirt for me! I've made skirts before but it's been almost 10 years. I used a Burda pattern - number 8090. I first made a muslin according to my measurements but it was way too big so I made it a couple sizes smaller, and then had to let it out a tiny bit. I also shortened it a little and added a lining so it's not so see-through :). The fabric is Deer Valley by Joel Dewberry. I won a free yard from SewMamaSew back in August so I bought a little more at the same time.

Here it is:I love the detail on the top...no one really sees it but I know it's there! :-)

Karen's first quilt top finished! She was very productive!

And just to make you smile...

2 comments:

  1. I like your skirt! I bet you'll get a lot of wear from it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt looks great! I smiled when I read your comment about the detail at the top... that is something I would say, too!

    ReplyDelete