13.6.12

Quick Change Trousers + Freezer Paper Stencil

I managed to get into my sewing room a (very) little bit over the last few weeks and finished a cute outfit for Sebastian!  I stenciled a shirt using this shirt as my inspiration.  The pants are the Quick Change Trousers from Anna Maria Horner's book "handmade beginnings".  I had made his little bucket hat a while ago and so I used more of the same fabric (which is an old swim cover-up dress from me) for the pants.

Instead of using a different fabric for the bum panel I cut the fabric on the bias.
Look at me, I'm standing!
Hard to see but this next picture shows the reverse side.
Such a happy face!
It's been a long time since I posted last...life is busy! We've celebrated a couple more birthday's...

 Tessa finished Kindergarten...

and we've been spending more time outside!  I'll have to take some pictures of our gardens to share.  I love this time of year!

A couple more weeks and we'll be heading to BC to visit our families...I can't wait!  :)





5 comments:

  1. Wow you've been busy. That little outfit is so cute and I love that you repurposed your cover up. Nice birthday cakes, especially the ship, and congratulations to Miss Tessa graduating from Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfit turned out so cute! And it looks like they should fit all summer long. Cute shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable outfit! He's grown so much!! I love how you used the plaid on the bias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job on Sebastian's ensemble...it's real cute on him.
    Happy Birthday to your other children.

    ReplyDelete