23.6.12

Year End Teacher Gifts

I wasn't going to, but I did it anyway.  Making year end teacher gifts that is.  Two teachers received a set of pot holders and one teacher received cinnamon buns (he's a guy so I'm thinking he'll appreciate that type of handmade just fine.)


Simple for Deanna's teacher.


A little more exciting for Ben's teacher.  She's getting married this summer so I thought she could use these in her new home.

About 5 years ago I won a bag of scraps from Sew Mama Sew.  That was way back when they got about 40 comments for a giveaway.  And that was back when I entered a giveaway for scraps.  A long time ago it seems.  Anyway the fabric from the last set of pot holders was a scrap from that giveaway.  It has been sitting in my scrap bin for a long time waiting for the perfect project and I finally used it.  It's a unique piece of fabric and I like how it worked out!

3 comments:

  1. The potholders are just lovely! I don't know if you're aware of this, but you should link these up on Debbie's blog (a quilter's table) - she's holding a month long summer/kitchen/table link up with some awesome prizes. Here's the link: http://aquilterstable.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tuesday-at-summer-table.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome gift idea! You're so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those came out so pretty! I really like the thick binding.

    ReplyDelete