9.4.12

In Their Best Dresses


My girls on Easter Sunday.


Carolin's dress I made last year for Deanna.  It fits her beautifully this year - yeah!


Melissa and Deanna's dress were made from the same pattern.  Little Prairie Girl by Favorite Things.

I wanted something not to "little girlish" but not totally grown up either.  They are after all only 9 & 7.  And of course, something they would actually like and wear.  I think I hit the mark.  They both love their new dresses.


Melissa's dress.  The lace is from a thrifted sheet.  Actually it wasn't even thrifted.  My m-i-l volunteers at our local Bibles For Missions store and picked it up for free.  Even better.


The under skirt on both dresses are actually from a sheet too.  It's just too painful to put a pretty (and costly, comparatively) fabric under another something just so the bottom 2 inches will show.  With Melissa's I used the lace at the bottom, but with Deanna's I used a print just on the part that would show.  I forgot to take a photo of it of course.



 I love my girls.  Inside and out!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, so special. It is very obvious how much you love your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute dresses. The girls are pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Alisa!! Your girls are so beautiful. What I can't believe are the beautiful tulips there!!! I can't wait for spring to show over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're actually daffodils, Suzanne. :-) And I love them! Do you have any in your garden (when spring arrives that is...)

      Delete
    2. oops :p I do know they're daffodils! I see a few tips poking out of the garden over here...very exciting! I can't wait until the grass starts getting green again :)

      Delete
  4. The dresses are beautiful, all three! I love seeing pictures of your three girls together....reminds me of when my older 3 girls were little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOur girls are beautiful in their Easter finery! Love the dresses too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so precious!! I had 5 boys before I got my girlie : )

    ReplyDelete