28.5.10

My Quilt Festival Quilt



I'm almost too late but here's my entry for the quilt festival! I wanted to blog about my first quilt I made but I can't seem to find the pictures anywhere. So those of you who've been around for a while would have seen this quilt but it is my favorite from last year.
It started 3 years ago when my sister and I were having a wonderful day out together as our family was visiting for a few weeks that summer. We were at Quilt Essential Fabrics in Abbotsford where they were having a sale and selling all there sample fabrics by the pound! We had so much fun pulling stuff outta there! So I had the fabrics in my stash and every once in a while I'd do this...
...with my little helper(s).  Then last fall I pulled them out again and started cutting and piecing.  I ended up using the "Lucky Stars" pattern from Atkinson Designs.  It's a great pattern and perfect for scraps.  It has become our Bright Quilt for the basement and sometimes a bed and it makes me very happy!

17 comments:

  1. That is a great quilt. I love how cheerful it looks, and the pieced backing is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! And it's a great pattern for brights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern (love any kind of star) and the bright, cheery fabrics. They have come together quite nicely in this quilt. Congrats on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just beautiful, the colours are so fun and they go together so well. Congrats on a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love this....it is so pretty. the bright colors make this so fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great quilt. I love the bright and scrappy feel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the lucky stars pattern -it looks great in all kinds of palettes & fabrics --love all the brights you used :) http://erinlebeau.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Atkinson designs! I have made a couple of quilts from this pattern. Your quilt is lovely! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressive, very nice quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your quilt is beautiful, i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful quilt, and I love the back too. Your little helper is darling too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stunning! I love all the bright colors and patterns! And the back is beautiful too!

    What a sweet helper you have there :o)

    ..I am off today from work, so will hopefully get to some others on the quilt fest. I have some drawing orders to work on and of course, cleaning house... Now that our children are grown and my hubby and I are empty nesters, I can't be a "stay at home mom", but I would love to be a stay at home wife :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    If you have a moment to come over, please let me know by leaving a comment at my post. It was fun meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Front and back both are gorgeous! A really wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those stars and all the wonderful colors and fabrics are just great. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, bright scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete